YWAMâ€™s Statement of Purpose
Youth With A Mission (YWAM) is an international movement of Christians from many denominations dedicated to presenting Jesus personally to this and future generations, to mobilizing as many as possible to help in this task, and to the training and equipping of believers for their part in fulfilling the Great Commission.
As citizens of Godâ€™s kingdom, we are called to love, worship, and obey our Lord, to love and serve His Body, the Church, to love all peoples everywhere, which includes presenting the whole gospel for the whole person throughout the whole world.
We of Youth With a Mission believe:
- in God–Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- that the Bible is Godâ€™s inspired and authoritative word, revealing that Jesus Christ is Godâ€™s son; fully God and fully human
- that people are created in Godâ€™s image;
- that He created us to have eternal life through Jesus Christ;
- that although all people have sinned and come short of Godâ€™s glory, God has made salvation possible through the incarnation, life, death, resurrection and ascension of Jesus Christ;
- that repentance, faith, love and obedience are fitting responses to Godâ€™s initiative of grace toward us through the active ministry of the Holy Spirit;
- that God desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth; and
- that the Holy Spiritâ€™s power is demonstrated in and through us for the accomplishment of Christâ€™s last commandments, â€œâ€¦Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyoneâ€ (Mark 16:15 NLT) and “Go and make disciples of all nations…” (Matthew 28:19 NLT)
The Christian Magna Carta
Youth With A Mission affirms the Christian Magna Carta which describes the following basic rights as implicit in the gospel.Â We commit ourselves, by Godâ€™s grace, to fulfill this covenant and to live for His glory.
Everyone on earth has the right to:
- Hear and understand the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Have a Bible available in their own language.
- Have a Christian fellowship available nearby, to be able to meet for fellowship regularly each week, and to have Biblical teaching and worship with others in the Body of Christ.
- Have a Christian education available for their children.
- Have the basic necessities of life: food, water, clothing, shelter and health care.
- Lead a productive life of fulfillment spiritually, mentally, socially, emotionally, and physically.